"Need a hand?"
Rem glared at Amira at that instant, but his brow relaxed as his unlit cigar wobbled between his lips. And it wasn't just any normal cigar. It was his last cigar. And his new arm was causing more problems then his old arm.
Coupled with a rather lengthy list of problems that have fallen upon the two today, this problem was rather quaint in comparison to their current predicament. Or rather, several. Where should he even start?
1. Crash landing on a frozen planet left decimated in the aftermath of a war that left 95% of the population dead.
2. Waltzing through a wasteland that may or may not be completely irradiated with whatever leftovers the doomsday weapons had left behind.
3. Loosing almost all personal belongings except for the clothes on their backs and destroying whatever didn't get jettisoned into the frozen atmosphere.
4. Building a new arm out of whatever we could find in the wreckage as well as scavenging a mangled robotic arm off a fallen satellite who's only purpose was to pull two levers.
5. Nearly freezing to death in sub-zero temperatures while wearing nothing but your dear brothers flight jacket before lending it to your bare-armed companion, leaving you entirely shirtless and with one arm that was twice as big as the other and currently turning to ice as we speak.
6. Watching as your companion then showed off her gunsmith skills by fusing an old flechette shotgun onto the only gun that partially survived the decent into the 9th level of hell. Making all your attempts at building your arm seem rather juvenile in comparison.
7. Reeling with embarrassment as your companion, who doesn't the know the first thing about robotics and cybernetic repair, immediately solved the weight distribution issue and efficiency by 250% just be ripping out useless cords.
8. Killing a mutant rat with an ample dosage of flechette rounds and then lugging it down the frozen road with your only good arm with the hopes of settling down and consuming it. But deep down, you know it will taste like an old shoe.
But fortunately, lady luck happened upon us, her warm gaze eying us under her sunglasses with pity. We found an overturned truck containing clothing. Then, a vending machine containing MRE's and energy drinks with the amazing gift of not turning to ice.
"I said, you need a hand there?" Amira repeated herself.
"I've got it." Remulos muttered as his fingers dug into his bag uselessly, growing frustrated by the satellite hand's lack of motor control, knocking the lighter out into the knee deep snow in the process. Smirking, Amira plucked the lighter out of the snowbank and fiddled with it under Remulos' cigar, lighting it with ease that Remulos admired and envied. Damn her and her functioning right arm.
"Don't feel bad, It's a miracle you can even move those cursed fingers at all." Amira shrugged, readjusting her goggles as she cut infront of him, shifting her feet through the snow to feel the ground beneath them. "And were still on the road." And curse her with her ability to feel through her boots. "If that bullet-riddled sign was correct, we should be hitting the Abda just beyond that snowbank.
And praise the lord! There was the Abda! Lady luck must have had a meeting with Amira during her trip into unconsciousness after clipping that curb in the crash-landing. Of course, to no one's surprise, it was dilapidated and run-down due to that pesky cold apocalypse.
Remulos didn't know much about this planet, but he did know that Grocery stores meant real food, albeit frozen at that but real food! These energy drinks were starting to make his liver cry and the MRE's tasted nothing like Meatloaf. Breathing in his cigar with pleasure, Remulos vaulted over the suspicious replica of a Cadillac and stomped his way through the snow with Amira at his side.
Reaching the front doors, they were astounded to see that no living persons have been here lately, without even one sign of vandalism or breaking-and-entering. Lady luck must have been patting us on the backs at this point, that apocalypse sure was thorough with the inhabitants!
"Hold on, I've got the key." Amira said as she loading a slug into her rifle-
"I've got the masterkey." Remulos smirked, flicking glass off his robotic arm. Remulos. 1. Amira. 12... hey, it's a work in progress.
"And I've got my credit card." Amira replied, her boots crunching the glass into dust as she slapped a mastercard onto the conveyor belt. "Everythings on me."
Remulos puffed his cigar and dropped the rat to the floor in a heap, thanking Lady luck for allowing Amira to survive the landing and bestowing upon him her talent. But in the end, he was still the one with the robotic arm.
He was just grateful that this crash-landing had had the grace to grant him a companion. Getting out of a wasteland alone was hard, so getting out of a frozen wasteland with a friend should be easy as pie.
Speaking of which, he hoped the pies here were still edible.
Yeah, this took a lot longer then I had hoped, but I'm grateful I finally got this thing down, with a sweet background and shading to boot!
This was a request for
who asked awhile back, now , to await my request!
Anyway, Remulos and I have been RPing together for awhile and these are the characters we've been using. And I hope I got all of Remulos details down correctly ^.^
This was rather rushed at the end so that I could write the story before I had to go to bed (It's almost 12:30 right now) so it may not be as polished as I had hoped.
Amira Sashenka - Me
I hope you like it DF! I had a ton of fun drawing it ^^